Daily Grind – Wayward Nights

I was planning on doing a video today for the Daily Grind, but this new lap top and me are just not meshing well, so, videos will have to wait until I work it out. I guess it’s a throw back to when I was writing full time for Fear In Fear Magazine as it helped me keep all my ideas in check, and just made to whole creative process work so much easier.

Anyway, that’s not what I want to talk to you about today, it’s last night that’s on my mind right now. It was about 3, 3:30 when I woke up with the feeling someone was in my room, I of course quickly turned on the light, and found none was there, I put it down to being half asleep and rolled back over.

Now, that in itself is not really worth mentioning I know, because really, it was nothing, just on its own that is, it’s what happened a little while later that makes it so important.

After I eventually drifted back off to sleep, 20 or so minutes later, I woke with the same feeling, this time however I didn’t turn the light on straight away, I just laid there, and that’s when I saw it, a figure standing at the foot of my bed, I almost shat myself, but when I turned on the light there was no one there. I searched the house, checked all the doors and windows, nothing was out of place, nothing unlocked, it was just impossible.

I don’t know what it was, I don’t know how to explain it, but if things keep happening, I’ll let you know more. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Marty

11 Comments

1. Madame SS says:

In every house I’ve ever lived in. I wouldn’t worry about it. Just calmly say to the image “get out please, I don’t need you in here while I’m sleeping”.

Liked by 1 person

• Marty Towns says:

How do you maintain composure when fear controls every thought and movement? My heart races, my mind goes into overdrive, I’d like to think it’s my imagination, but I’m worried it’s not.

• Madame SS says:

Like dogs, bears and junk. You run, they chase. You act scared. They attack. You act calm. You might live, nor so much the bear, but.

Liked by 1 person

• Marty Towns says:

Okay, show no fear and they have nothing to feed off, starve them and they bend to your will, disappearing back into whatever void they come from, I think I understand. The bear part, I wanted Grizzly Man and saw what became of him, I think running from a bear is the best option.

• Madame SS says:

Fuck the bear. He’s killing you no matter what. I’m not sure about the starving thing. You could leave cookies and milk on the table at night but if you have roommates that just ends in pranks.

• Marty Towns says:

I remember, I think it’s a memory, or maybe it’s a story I was told once. Anyway however I came about it, it went like this. When I was a kid, my family adopted a pup from my mothers friends, it was the runt, and needed a chance to survive. So for almost 6 months I think, we raised that dog as our own, until, it was decided it could not stay any longer. It wasn’t because of ill treatement, but because we simply could not afford to keep it any longer. The dog went back to my mothers friends and there it stayed. A year or so later, my mother and younger brother went to the friends home, the dogs, as always came to see who was there, that’s when my brother got scared, the dogs chased him up a pole, where, this dog, who we had raised as a pup, bit him on the arse. Fear, is the key, I now see it clearly, I understand. And, I live alone, so there are no flat mates involved, or bears.

Liked by 1 person

• Madame SS says:

I was walking when a loose tall pit came from behind his owner who was mowing, barking like he was gonna attack. So I kept walking right toward himm, slowly and doing baby voice talk. Calmed down and watched me go right by.

Liked by 1 person

• Marty Towns says:

Show no fear sounds like the perfect weapon, if it happens again I’ll let you know if it works.

Liked by 1 person

2. fictionspawn says:

Since you’re asking, last night I woke up and went out to the bathroom with the lights out. Entering the bathroom, about to turn on the light, I saw something, or someone behind me. I can’t describe the feeling better than you just did. Scary shit. I turned on the light, and there was no one there.
    My mind’s quite messed up, though, and I see a lot of horror movies. I think that pretty much explains it;)

Liked by 1 person

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Inchoate

A Journey Through Photography

Fitful, Fearful, Phantasmal

Original Writing Inspired by Poe, King, and Twilight Zone, namely Horror, Fantasy, Paranormal, Nonfiction, and Poetry

writemebad

a little bit smutty

Kindra M. Austin

poems & paragraphs

The Darkest Art

A journey through dark art.

Melissa Banczak, Author

June Nash MisAdventures Series

anansi2050

Deep Thoughts and Ideas

Mark Dawson's Self Publishing Formula

'Journey to a place, where all his nightmares, become your reality...'

A Song Of My Life

~ I'm a freaking vegetable!

the great confusion

structure bits

Quick Fix Short Stories

I am using this site to post very rough drafts of my short stories, flash fiction, and books. I hope you enjoy them but I also hope you take the time to give feedback on what needs improvement. Please feel free to be critical but not mean. All the help anyone could offer would mean the world to me so feel free to comment what you like, dislike, additional ideas, something you'd like to see in the story. Who knows if I ever get published I'll mention you in blurb at the beginning thanking everyone who helped me along the way. Thanks!

Bipolar Tapestry~Poetic Thoughts

~Poetry, Insight into Bipolar 1 Disorder, Blurbs of Thought, Personal Quotes, insight into romance, lost love, loss in general, and restoration~

The Ü | Reviews and Stories

Jade's movie reviews, short stories, and beyond.

Poems in a Coffer

When reluctance gives in to the urge of expression....

Behind Closed Doors

The Life of a psychopath's daughter

The Calling Crow